Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is a little campy, and I’m still not a fan of the makeup, but there’s something likeable about the characters, and I enjoyed the story.

I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in the theater, which was pretty cool, although I had to sit closer than I would’ve liked (even though we got there almost an hour early and there were seats available in the back). It does kind of make you feel like you’re more “in” it when you sit six rows back, I guess.

I’m still not a fan of the bold colors. I guess that’s just the look they’re going for. But the greasepaint aspect is annoying. Groot looked pretty good. He didn’t really stand out as CG. I guess everything is a little cartoon-y, so he blended in. Rocket looked super scruffy.


I do like all the characters, especially Drax for some reason. Mantis’ outift was cool. I liked how it resembled an insect. They kind of lost me in the opening scene. I felt like the level of camp or just the general vibe wasn’t my thing. But I either got used to it or they toned it down, because I didn’t notice it after that.


I like the “unspoken thing” relationship Quill and Gamora have going on. James Gunn said he wants to do different characters if there’s a fourth movie, so maybe they can get together in the third one, since he won’t need to keep it unspoken for “ratings.”

The scene where Groot keeps bringing back all the wrong stuff was great. I wonder if Sean Gunn got such a big role just because he’s the director’s brother. I liked Yondu’s new fin. His arrow thing is still cool. And it’s neat that it gets to stay in the series with Kraglin. 

Kurt Russell is always good to see. His character kind of looked like Jeff Bridges. It’s pretty crazy that Quill’s dad killed his mom, and then Quill had to kill his dad. I liked finding out his backstory, though, and how Yondu saved him. I almost cried at Youndu’s funeral. I couldn’t believe he was really dead. I kept expecting him to come back to life when they were putting all his toys on him.


It was fun getting to see Jimmy Urine in the movie. He didn’t do a lot, but he was definitely there.


No comments:

Post a Comment