Furious 7

Furious 7 could've been a much better movie if they had just tried a little harder not to be so absurdly cliché. There were some cool stunts, though, and I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

I don't know why I keep watching these. Maybe now that Walker's gone, I can stop. I held out for about half of the trailer before I saw too many interesting stunts and felt like I wanted to watch it. And then Roeper gave it a favorable review, so I had to do it. I don't regret it, but I do wish it could've been just a bit less cliché and more intelligent.

There are so many ridiculous "emotional" moments that completely miss the mark, like when Mia was saying goodbye to Brian on the phone. I actually thought they might kill him off based on that. And when Letty decided it was a good idea to stop giving Dom CPR and just talk to him instead - what was that about?! I couldn't handle Hobbs breaking his cast like that, and the "the street always wins" line coupled with Dom stomping on the ground...so unbearably bad. They made some horrible choices. It didn't have to be that way!

I didn't get why Dom had to drive the car out of the second building. It seemed like if he just kept driving around on that floor the car would probably stop at some point. The cars falling out of the planes were a little ridiculous, but seeing them land was cool, and the part where Roman got ejected was great. I liked it when they linked their cars up to ram the other vehicles, and Brian running up the bus on the cliff and then Letty swinging around to get him was absurdly implausible, but still a lot of fun to watch.


Kurt Russell's performance was also fun. I couldn't tell if he was going to double-cross them. It would've made it more interesting if he had. Jason Statham didn't have a lot to work with. The movie was kind of a two-parter, and I was pretty much ready for it to be over after the first half. The farewell to Walker at the end really got me, though. It was so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment