A Walk Among the Tombstones

A Walk Among the Tombstones is interesting for the atmosphere. Liam Neeson gives a great performance, most of the side characters are done well, and the setting ties everything together nicely.

I wasn't that into A Walk Among the Tombstones from the trailer, but Roeper kind of got me interested in it. The title's a little clunky, and I'm still not really sure how it relates to the movie. The movie itself is pretty straightforward, but it's interesting. Liam Neeson gives a solid performance.

I liked how we kept coming back to the story of why he stopped drinking, and got a little bit farther with it each time. I didn't really buy Dan Stevens' character. It just didn't seem authentic. Maybe it was his accent. His hairstyle/facial hair reminded me of Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. It was interesting finding out the story between him and his brother, though. There's not a lot of action in the movie; it really is a character piece.

I liked how Matt had a recurring theme of cutting people off all the time, especially at the end when Albert was saying "I just wanted --" and Matt didn't even care what he had to say. It's too bad that Kenny died. I knew when they handcuffed Albert to that pole they had better have someone watching him at all times, though. It looked pretty flimsy.

I was kind of confused for at least a third of the movie, because the woman they showed at the beginning was blond, but Kenny's wife had dark hair, and I didn't figure it out until we got into the part about Leila and her guy. The pigeon guy had an interesting way of talking. I don't know why they showed him walking off the ledge in the trailer. It really took all the surprise out of the scene. At least I didn't remember it until he asked if he could feed his pigeons. It would've been terrible if I remembered the first time we saw him.

It was a good PI movie. I liked the ambiance, in terms of the tone, the setting, and the architecture. It probably speaks well of the book it was adapted from that the story was so believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment