2010

I'm not really sure what anyone was supposed to get out of 2010, the sequel to 2001. It was just kind of weird.

I didn’t really have any interest in seeing 2010 (the sequel to 2001), and I was really tired when I watched it, so pretty much the entire time I was just waiting for it to be over. It was kind of weird.

But it was cool seeing HAL again. It seems like the whole “sentient computer controlling the ship” thing is really a liability. They were all like, “it’s going to want to complete the mission above all else, and its curiosity may be our downfall,” etc., and I’m like well why did you program all that stuff into it then, that seems like a bad idea.

I guess it was good that they kind of explained what happened to HAL the first time. But I think I read about it anyway, so I didn’t need this movie for that. All of the outside shots of the models and whatnot in space were still ridiculously laughable. The relationship between Heyward and his wife felt really off. Dave’s wife looked like a crazy person. It was cool seeing a younger Helen Mirren and John Lithgow at least. I liked that the Russian astronauts were reasonable people.



No comments:

Post a Comment