Zoolander

The humor in Zoolander ranges from dumb to tasteless, and there's pretty much no reason to watch it.

I wanted to see Zoolander when it came out - and I was 15 - but at some point I realized it wasn't worth seeing. I should've stuck with that. I'm not a huge fan of Ben Stiller, and the schtick he did for the movie didn't help. I do sometimes like Will Ferrell; he didn't have a huge part here, but he was good. Owen Wilson was probably the best part of the movie, but that didn't make it anywhere near worth watching.

I don't even know what the point of making something like this is. It had a few funny moments, but for the most part, it was just dumb. And it didn't make any sense at all why Matilda would end up with Derek at the end. I did like the scene where Derek and Hansel made up, though. The whole "Space Odyssey" reenactment was probably the worst part, although I did like that that bone came into play somehow, because it was pretty conspicuous earlier.

I hated how misogynistic the agent was. David Duchovny's part wasn't bad, but I found his "hyperbaric hand tank" to be really off-putting for some reason. I did like Mugatu's dog. The whole "Matilda gang bang" scene was terrible. The agent's conversation with his wife on the phone was kind of funny. And I liked how Derek's dad and brothers all had the exact same hair he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment