The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is obviously a middle movie. It's a little bit grueling, but they're on a long journey. It's still interesting, and it definitely leaves you wanting to see how it all ends. 

I actually saw The Two Towers a week after the first LotR movie, so it was a nice continuation of the story. I pretty much have the same thoughts about this one as I did about the first one. I like hearing all the language, and seeing how they represent everything. Liv Tyler makes a pretty good Elf. They changed a lot more things in this movie than the first one. I didn't think they were necessary changes this time, either.

It was interesting that they showed Aragorn dying and Arwen going into the woods, just like what really happened in the book, except here it was a "this is your future" kind of thing. I don't like it this way around because it implies that it may not happen, whereas in the book it just happened. The Ents were cool. I don't think Merry and Pippin were at the actual Ent battle, though. The way they did Theoden and Wormtongue was cool. I liked the way they showed Gollum trying to be good.

I'm not sure I approve of the acting. It's a little weird. The accents don't quite work, or the gravity they're trying to bring to every line seems like overacting, or it had to be dubbed and it doesn't quite fit, or something. Either way, it doesn't come across as genuine half the time. People's eyes seem to be slightly less distracting in this one. Maybe they got some feedback from the first one, or I'm just used to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment