It's All Gone Pete Tong

It's All Gone Pete Tong (which is about a DJ who goes deaf, if you haven't heard of it) is one of my favorite movies. It's not super deep, but it is funny and good-natured.

It's All Gone Pete Tong is one of my favorite movies, and I don't care if it is unrealistic and simple. This was either the second or third time I've seen it. Paul Kaye's eyes are so striking, and I love Frankie's whole "Ibiza" look. There are so many great lines in the first half of the movie.

I love when somebody asks him about Ibiza, and he says, "I can confidently say, Ibiza is dot dot dot." Sometimes something just "is..." The music isn't anything that special, which is weird for a movie about EDM. I love the reveal that the coke badger is him, and the strength it took to kill that part of himself. I don't know how realistic it was that he kept drinking after he stopped doing coke. I guess some people can.

It's a little too pat that he fell in love with his lip-reading teacher (and vice versa), but it makes for a happy ending. I love that he quit DJ'ing and found something more fulfilling to do with his life; not that there's anything wrong with DJ'ing, but it wasn't a good scene for him.


Pretty much every scene he's in for the first half of the movie is hilarious, so there's no point in mentioning each one. It's so good when his agent is trying to get in, and he and his girlfriend have no idea. And when he tries to jump into the pool, but the tarp is on it. It was also a great plot point when he blew out the rest of his hearing in the recording studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment