The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is about the same as the other LotR movies. They changed some things from the book that I don't agree with, but it's still fun to be able to see the story.

I didn't think it was going to work out, but I actually managed to watch all three LotR movies in a row. I wonder what I would've thought of them if I hadn't read the books. There are a lot of things that don't make sense or are just wacky, like what goes on with Denethor, that don't bother me in the movies because that's just how it was in the books. I guess it doesn't all jive 100% in the books, either, though. I just kind of accept them for what they are. The story isn't perfect, but it's still interesting.

I didn't like that they had Aragorn show up to the battle in the enemy ships. It was supposed to be a really dramatic moment when he came in flying his banner and everything. And they didn't need that whole drama between Arwen and her father, about her going away. She always wanted to stay with Aragorn in the books, and that was better. And they could've thrown in the love story between Eowyn and whoever instead of having her be into Aragorn, too. And another thing about Eowyn - they should've put in the part where she got wounded. She got off too easy killing that Ringwraith the way they did it.

I like what they did with the orcs, and it was cool seeing everything play out, as usual. Overall, they did a good job with it; it definitely could've been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment