Iron Man 3


Iron Man 3 definitely had its dumb moments, and Tony Stark's arrogance can be tough to watch, but Guy Pearce is great and it's a fun popcorn flick.

I finally saw a movie from 2013! I feel so cutting-edge. 

Tony Stark is a tough character to watch. He's really an ass a lot of the time. 


Guy Pearce was a great villain, though. I loved that The Mandarin was just an actor. Ben Kingsley's face didn't seem to fit the role, and the accent was just bizarre, so when we found out he was an actor it was like, "That explains a lot." The stuff with the suit breaking up and assembling on people was cool. It was a little over-the-top when they did it on Pepper when the house got destroyed.

There were a couple of things that didn't work. Guy's tattoos wouldn't have regenerated. And Pepper's clothes would've all gotten burned off. I liked the aspect of enemies who could regenerate, though. I was surprised the botanist died. I don't see what the point of destroying all the suits was. I'm pretty sure they could come in handy sometime. If the problem was that they were a distraction, it's going to be an even bigger distraction building new ones now. I don't see why all of a sudden they could magically remove the shrapnel. Advances in medicine, I guess. But he said something about "fixing himself," and I think his main issue was the anxiety about what happened in The Avengers, which isn't fixed at all.

I felt like it was too easy for him to get out of the ocean after he fell in. And I was expecting them to make a bigger deal/longer scene with the suits attacking Pepper after she got injected with Extremis. And just because she could regenerate doesn't mean she would magically know how to fight the suits and Guy and everything, so that was unrealistic. The part after the credits with Tony talking to The Hulk was appropriately funny, but man, credits sure are long these days. No wonder it costs so much money to make movies. They have to pay like 10,000 people.

It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't a bad summer blockbuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment