From Dusk Till Dawn

From Dusk Till Dawn  is fine for what it is, a grindhouse movie. I think I'm starting to be over Tarantino's schtick. It reminded me of Feast, only Feast was way better, so I recommend watching that instead.



I thought I had From Dusk Till Dawn on the list of movies I had seen, but I don't. I'm not sure why I hadn't ever watched it. I tend to like Robert Rodriguez's movies, in general.


It's definitely a grindhouse movie. I don't know if that's really my thing these days. It reminded me of Feast.

I didn't realize it was going to take so long to get to the vampires. It was funny that Cheech Marin had three roles. Danny Trejo was so young, he was barely recognizable. I like that he has that huge trademark chest tattoo, though. You always know it's him when you see that.

Thinking about Juliette Lewis, it's crazy that this came out the year *after* Natural Born Killers, and the same year as Strange Days. Her characters in the latter two movies don't seem particularly young to me, but she was only 21 when Natural Born Killers came out.


I didn't really want to see Tarantino in anything, but I guess this character suited him pretty well. I felt kind of bad for him, though. He really did have profound psychological problems.


The crotch gun was pretty dumb. Imagine the recoil. It's crazy that Salma worked with a therapist for two months to get over her fear of snakes. I think she still looked a bit afraid in one of the shots. Satanico was a silly name for a girl. It would have at least been Satanica. And Tarantino didn't even come up with the name himself.


It was weird that the vampires were so easy to kill. How do they not just get decimated every time? And why did they have so much wood in the bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment