11 Minutes

11 Minutes isn't exactly fun to watch. It does succeed in creating a feeling of tension, but I'm not sure that really pays off.

11 minutes is a Polish movie. The concept is that you see the same 11 minutes from the perspective of several different people. It opens with sort of "found footage" of cell phone and security cameras. I was kind of concerned that it was going to stay that way, but luckily it switches to regular camerawork fairly quickly.

It's a weird movie. It's super confusing trying to figure out what's going on all the time. The score is frequently abrasive and unnerving. There's some kind of black spot in the sky that's never explained. And there's always just a general feeling of tension.


I wonder what the movie is trying to say, exactly. I wish there were a commentary for it. It would probably be interesting to go back and watch it again, being able to understand more about it.
It does get some "interesting" points just for being set in Warsaw. I always like to see things in different countries.

The casting guy was really weird. I thought maybe English wasn't his first language and that's why his speech was so bizarre, but I just rewatched the opening and realized that he was the guy getting divorced, and his speech is totally normal in that scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment