In Time



In Time's concept and world are cool, but they're wasted on a lackluster plot and Justin Timberlake's bad acting.

I was interested in this movie when it came out, and I remembered it had gotten semi-favorable buzz. I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to see this weekend. I think it would've been a better movie without Justin Timberlake. I looked over Ebert's review after I watched it, and he thought Justin was great, but I'm not with him on that. His acting was terrible; it pulled me out of the movie practically every time he said something.

It's totally engaging just because of the concept, but plot is a letdown. They could've done a lot more with it. It was cool seeing people like Pete from Mad Men, Cillian Murphy, and Matt Bomer. They all really helped carry the movie. There shouldn't have been so many "time" puns. It got ridiculous.



The part where Pete introduced his mother-in-law, wife, and daughter, all of whom looked exactly alike, was awesome. I liked the concept of the time zones, and how good the timekeepers were at tracking people. All the scenes in the slums were really interesting. It was terrible the way they made people live, and the scene where his mother dies was touching. I liked the guy who was in charge of the gang. 

I was expecting more out of the plot, though, like some big plan to actually put a stop to what was happening. But instead they were just like, "we'll rob some banks, that'll end it." Pete was right when he said maybe it'll end for a generation or two, but it's going to go back to business as usual after that. The only way they could really end it would be to destroy the means of transferring time, but someone would probably just figure out another way to do it.

I don't think they're going to be very successful robbing that huge bank by going in and flashing their guns. Sylvia wouldn't be that agile/able to run that much, either. She's probably never even run before. Also, they should've gotten makeovers when they saw that they were wanted. Sylvia's hair especially was super recognizable. 

It was a weird move to put the clocks on their arms. I don't get the advantage of basically flashing your bank account balance around all the time. Put it on the insides of people's eyelids or something. It was cool how they stopped glowing when people died, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment