Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

The constant barrage of emotional moments is a bit much, but aside from that, I liked the tone of The Rise of Skywalker. There isn't a whole lot to the plot, but the characters are likeable and it looks good, which is about all I expect from a Star Wars movie.

I wasn't really into the first six movies, so I don't have any allegiance to what "Star Wars" is supposed to be. I did like the two new ones, though.

I can appreciate that it's a closing of the arc, but I didn't like how every 5 seconds they hit you with saying goodbye to another big character. There was also a constant barrage of triumphant moments. Somebody described the movie as being waterboarded. Sure you like water, but that's too much water. I kind of agree.

Leia looked kind of weird. I always like Rey's outfit, though. I liked the new droid, but it's kind of weird that they keep introducing new ones.

The way Kylo sounded with the mask on was funny, but it was supposed to be. Most of the humor in the movie worked for me. They didn't wait long enough for some of the callbacks, like when Leia said "never underestimate a droid" and then Rey said it again about a minute later.

It's strange how people always care so much about their parentage in movies. Like Rey was upset to find out she was a Palpatine. You could tell me I'm Donald Trump's daughter and I wouldn't care. It doesn't change anything about who I am.

It was nice that Ben got to redeem himself. I was really hoping they wouldn't kiss, though. It's annoying how movies always have to be about romance. I felt like they didn't honor his sacrifice enough. The next scene was everyone being happy about winning, but I was still sad that he died.

I guess there's a lot of things that don't make sense plot-wise, or if you actually remember any of the other movies, which I don't. I was basically just there to see stuff that looked cool, and I did.

I didn't like that the girl with the horse looked so similar to Finn. I get that they were trying to emphasize how alike they were. But more diversity would have been nice. 

I liked all the fights, and being in that world in general. The guy who accessed C3PO's memory was cool. I didn't like that he was at the ship battle, but I guess it shows that he didn't get blown up with the planet, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment