What We Do in the Shadows

I liked Flight of the Conchords, but What We Do in the Shadows is profoundly not my thing.

I liked Flight of the Conchords, but I didn't have any interest in seeing What We Do in the Shadows. The version I watched wound up having the opening text in a language that was similar to German, so I missed out on a bit of context there, but looking it up now, I see that it wasn't critically important.

I'm starting to think that Taika's sense of humor just isn't my thing. There's something off about it. It's sort of flat, and cringey, and not funny.


And it's just sad, like how the one guy can't hypnotize people anymore, and doesn't get the faces right on his transformations. And I feel like they really would have found a better way to deal with the blood making a mess. I guess that part is solely in there to be funny, but I didn't think it was.

 Stu was the best part of the movie. He made it less depressing. And it's good that he wound up bringing the werewolves and vampires together. The ending seemed rushed. Like all of a sudden, just three good things happening in a row to tie everything up. It's nice that the one guy has a girlfriend now, but it just seemed abrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment