To Be Takei

To Be Takei is an interesting look into George's life, but it's more like an E! Special than a movie. 

I wasn't planning to see To Be Takei, but Roeper gave it a favorable review, and I decided it might be interesting just to watch in place of a TV show throughout the day. It actually took less sittings than I expected. Before and during watching it, I was most interested in the scenes of George's home life with his husband, but there weren't many of those. The internment camp stuff was interesting, though. I guess George really doesn't like William Shatner. I wonder why Shatner even agreed to do an interview for the movie.

I don't know how George can stand his husband being so critical all the time. I guess George is just a super easygoing, positive kind of guy. He seems nice. I like that he has a sense of humor about things. I kind of felt bad for his husband, since he wanted to retire, but instead they're constantly running around doing appearances.


There's really nothing more to it than advertised; it's just a little look into George Takei's life. I didn't feel like I wasted my time because of the way I watched it, but in terms of just sitting down and plunking two hours into it, I found myself wondering at the end why anyone would want to do that. It certainly didn't seem like the kind of thing that would be worth watching that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment