Killer Elite



Killer Elite was great. I'm a Statham fan, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Dominic Purcell get a big role, too. I liked the characters, the plot was good, and the action was fun.
Killer Elite is another movie that needed better press. I hadn't heard of it until I saw a Roeper review. He made it look good, and I'm always down to watch anything with Jason Statham, so I gave it a shot. It turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen this year. The acting was perfect, it had some original action scenes, and the plot was totally unique. I highly recommend it if you're into this kind of movie.

The opening scene was great, and I loved how it set up all the players; De Niro, Statham, Purcell, and Young. I liked how easy it was for Statham to get out of the business. Just decided he was done, and that was the end of it. I hated Yvonne. Ugh. That Australian accent was terrible. It didn't make sense for her to stay with Statham through all the stuff that happened, either. I don't think her character was really even necessary.

I was a little confused about the actors at first. I had seen the cover of the DVD, obviously, with Clive Owen and his funny mustache. Then Dominic Purcell was there, and I was like, "But Clive Owen isn't on Statham's side. Is he going to flip later?" and "Look at Clive Owen, he looks so handsome, I like him a lot in this movie."

Once we finally saw Clive, however, I realized Dominic was not Clive, and I had to pause the movie to mentally sort out who he actually was. I figured it out, and it made a lot more sense that I liked him so much, since I'm a Purcell fan from John Doe and Prison break. His character was my favorite. I spent the rest of the movie after that hoping nothing bad would happen to him. It was a huge bummer when he died, but at least Young already died so it seemed like more of a natural thing to happen in the movie.

I had some trouble understanding the dialogue, and I didn't know what was going on when the MI6 guy met with the agent for the first time, but I figured they'd spell it out later, and they did. I never really liked Clive's character, and I hated the fight scene in the hospital. All that broken glass and fighting. I liked the stuff De Niro did with the guy with the knife at the subway station. It was cool to get to see him work. I don't think for a minute that he's going to get out of the business, which is disappointing. I don't really see Danny being able to get out, either, though, whether he wants to or not.

It was fun getting to see the ways they took out the different guys, and I liked that MI6 got screwed over in the end. It sucked that Davies and Meier had to die, but I guess it added some weight to the movie. And at least it was Meier who got killed by the kid he brought in and not someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment